1) Leaked document show US plans to destabilize Syria back in 2006 after Syria turns down Qatar/Saudi Arabia (US/UK allies) pipeline in favour of Iran’s pipeline deal.
2) The Syrian Arab Spring want nothing to do with the U.S.supported armed opposition. Despite our political pundits claiming we are in support of the Arab Spring what they do NOT mention is how in Bahrain, peaceful demonstrations by the majority Shiites against the repressive Sunni monarchy were crushed by a Saudi-led invasion force tacitly supported by the U.S. & UK
3) Russia has had a military relationship with Syria since the 1950s, & NATO allies Turkey & USA have been fighting over Syria with Russia since the soviet era for control of oil in the Syrian region
4. Despite the title “President”, Bashar al-Assad is simply a dictator. He became leader of nation in 2000, unopposed, with the title being handed down by his father Hafez al-Assad, an air force commander who took control of the country in 1971 via a military coup
5) Russia during the Soviet Union era cooperated with Hafez Al-Assad (Bashar’s father) & still has deep rooted political ties with the country & the Assad family. On top of this, Russia originally vetoed military intervention along with China back in 2012, yet conveniently started their assault the minute Assad’s regime forces started losing to rebel factions.
6) Bashar Al-Assad brutally shut down the democratic movement of the Arab Spring & has killed more Syrians than ISIS & rebels combined.
7) Russia has never differentiated between ISIS & the several rebel factions fighting within the region meaning it can easily target non-combatants and dub the terrorists.
8) US & UK ally Saudi Arabia, has beheaded and crucified more civilians than ISIS, and are currently committing war crimes in Yemen targeting residential areas. It is reported that there have been 500 children killed so far. Saudi Arabia is currently heading the human rights panel at the UN.
Tl;Dr Russia, UK, USA, Assad GTFO of Syria